Lake Annecy and its surroundings: real playgrounds for the water sports lovers
Come and take advantage of the Annecy lake and rivers to practice all kinds of water activities, in a group, with family or friends and fill up on emotion.
Many nautical activities are near the cottage, in an exceptional setting, between lakes and mountains.
Want a vacation combining relaxation and sensations? The Savoyard region is the destination for you; there is something for all tastes and all levels:
- Diving: discover the mysterious sunken city of Annecy Lake
- Canyoning: surpass yourself in the magnificent Angon waterfall
- Wakeboard & water skiing: fill up on thrills on the lake turquoise waters
- Boat rental with or without driver: set sail and explore the hidden wonders of Annecy Lake
- Paddle & Paddle Yoga: work your balance in an idyllic setting
- Canoeing: perfect your paddle with the dozens of specialized centers around the lake
- Pedal boat: relax on a peaceful ride on the lake
- Sailing boat: bask in a sunny stroll
- Rafting: push your limits safely in the fabulous Montmin canyon
- Via ferrata: work out on wild hikes in the heart of the Annecy rock faces
- Catamaran: embark on a pleasure boat amidst incredible flora
- 11 beaches: soak up the sun on the magnificent sandy and lawned beaches on the edge of Lake Annecy
Sportsmen of all levels and nature lovers, this region is made for you
Located at 550m above sea level, in a peaceful hamlet with incomparable charm, the Chapô Julô is the starting point for many walks, hikes and circuits, directly on foot or a few minutes by car. For lovers of walking tours, the gîte provides you with IGN maps of the region for even more adventures and discoveries.
Close to the holiday cottage (0 – 15 min)
- La Belle Etoile (800m drop)
- Pointe du Banc Plat (1150m drop)
- La petite Sambuy (1000m or 300m drop)
- La Sambuy (1100m or 400m drop)
- Refuge de la Combe – Le Reposoire (1089m drop)
A little further (15 – 20 min)
- Sulens Mountain (600m drop)
- Mont Charvin (1300m drop)
- Lac du Charvin (800m drop)
- La Tournette (1400m drop)
- Col de la Forclaz (1000m drop)
Discovering the region (more than 20 min)
- Climb to the Sambuy station (300m drop)
- Fort Tamié loop (126m drop)
- Mont Julioz (622m drop)
- Le Grand Roc (1097m drop)
- Col de Chérel (567m drop)
The Chapô Julô ideally located between the largest ski areas in the region
Come ski, toboggan, snowboard, snowmobile or even dog sled rides in idyllic places and taste the joys of snow. From November to April, ski in peace on dozens of ski areas and hundreds kilometers of slopes. In addition to board sports, you can also take advantage of the magnificent walks or snowshoe walks offered by winter and its incredible landscapes.
Many ski resorts are easily accessible from the cottage:
- Seythenex (15 min)
- Montmin (15 min)
- Manigod & La Croix Fry (30 min)
- La Clusaz (40 min)
- Le Grand Bornand (40 min)
- Megève (45 min)
- Les Saisis, ND de Bellecombe (45 min)
- Les Aillons Margeriaz en Bauges (45 min)
- Le Semnoz (1h00)
- Valmorel (1h00)
- Chamonix (1h15)
- Val Frejus (1h15)
- Les 3 Vallées (1h15)
The territory of the Sources of Annecy Lake is labeled “mountain bike base” by the federation of cycling since 2017!
For cycling enthusiasts, the sources of Annecy Lake are the ideal destination! From the Chapô Julô in Giez, the most athletic can exceed their limits in the heart of a green and idyllic environment. As for the others, they can pedal in the valley and on the peaceful greenway that links Annecy to Albertville. In this exceptional setting, bringing Annecy Lake and the massifs of the Bauges, Bornes and Aravis together, serenity and dizziness of the senses, self-discovery and discovery of the other, it may be that you are shared by the want to ask yourself and to ride…
Cycling tours near Chapô Julô:
- Annecy lake tour 95 km – 3410 m
- Aulp and la forclaz col by the old Montmin track
28 km – 1310 m
- The charbon cottage 29 km – 1250 m
- Doussard velan tip 33 km – 1480 m
- La Forclaz col 22 km – 770 m
- Montmin-Balmettes-Solliet 29 km – 1300 m
- La Servaz cottage 21 km
- L’Arpettaz via the la Forclaz col 30 km – 1360 m
Fly over Annecy Lake and admire breathtaking landscapes
For the bravest and thrill seekers, the Annecy Valley is the perfect place to meet your adrenaline needs. Always near the Chapô Julô, you can practice any type of outdoor activity specially designed for adventurers.
Do you want to surpass yourself and make your stay at Chapô Julô an exceptional and unforgettable experience? So let yourself be tempted by one of the aerial activities offered by our beautiful Savoy region:
- Classic paraglider
- Ski paraglider
- Hang glider
- Hot air balloon
- Plane flight
- Bun J ride
All the cutting-edge activities are brought together near your cottage to make you live moments rich in emotions. Take your eyes full, fly over Annecy Lake, the mountains and the mountains !
Test or confirm your swing at the Giez golf course, 3 minutes from Chapô Julô!
Whether you are a professional golfer or just curious, this splendid 75 hectare estate welcomes you all year round, to make you discover this unique sport.
Nearly 10,000 vacationers each year are tempted by a small round of golf, solo or with friends, for a unique moment surrounded by nature, with breathtaking landscapes.
The golf offers two courses (Belvédère and Beavers) with breathtaking views of the majestic Annecy Lake and Mont Blanc. The water and mountains ubiquitous throughout the area ensure a total change of scenery during your activity.
- The Belvedere:
Designed by architect Didier Fruchet, the course opened in 1991. It is the favorite of seasoned golfers, it consists of 18 holes. Its first 3 holes run through gaps and cross the river. The next 5 take you on a plateau from where the viewpoint multiplies the views of Annecy Lake, Mont Blanc, La Tournette or the Aravis massif. The following holes are close to the clubhouse then run through a wooded plain while playing with the river.
- The Beavers
Also designed by the architect Didier Fruchet, the Beaver route opened in 1990, on the edge of a nature reserve, along the Dead Water river. Composed of 9 holes, it was designed for learning and perfecting golf.
Take advantage of this outdoor activity close to your Chapô Julô holiday house.